The air filter stops any rubbish being drawn into the engine when the fuel and air are brought together in the combustion chambers. A clogged filter will restrict the air flow into the engine and give a poorer air / fuel mix in the engine.
- The air filter is located just behind the front spoiler on the drivers side.
- It is contained in a black plastic cover which can be opened by undoing the nut in the middle of the cover
- The filter can be replaced with the standard part or to allow extra air into the engine (some say for better performance) alternatives are available.
- Once the filter is removed the inside of the air filter container should be cleaned of any dust.
- With the new filter insterted the cover can be locked back in place by tightening the nut at the centre of the cover base.
This technical guide was originally held at http://www.fiatbarchetta.com/btech/airfilter.html. It was copied to this site in 2021 to ensure its availability and to reformat it into a more modern layout. The original guide was written by Ian Barnett.